Soon after the news of Sanjay Leela Bhansali turned viral, the B Town was seen standing together to castigate the hooligans who went on a rampage over sets of Padmavati and slapped the filmmaker in Jaipur. They demanded to share the script with them on denying the same; the people from the Rajput group thrashed him followed by damaging the cameras and other equipment. This led the actors to react sharply over the incident that goes as under:
- Priyanka Chopra: It’s appalling to hear what happened to Sanjay Leela Bhansali. I’m so saddened. Violence is not what our forefathers taught us.
- Anurag Kashyap: Can once the whole film industry come together and take a stand, and refuse to be a pony that all b******t and b************s ride on?? At the same time Shame on you Karni Sena, you make me feel ashamed to be a Rajput.. bloody spineless cowards. Hindu extremists have stepped out of twitter into the real world now and Hindu terrorism is not a myth anymore.
- Farhan Akhtar: My fellow film folk, if we do not unite now against these recurring incidents of bullying, it’s going to get much worse. I stand by Bhansali. If you don’t like what he’s making, don’t watch his film. What’s with the violence?? Apart from a vulgar display of self righteousness…I’m waiting to see how many people are punished for what they’ve done to Bhansali and his crew. There’s enough evidence.
- Ashutosh Gowariker: Shocking! Appalling!! Desparing!!! And still, we shall not stop making what we want to!! Sanjay stay strong! I’m with you! Padmavati.
- Shabana Azmi: Film industry must stand as one and do whatever it takes to ensure that the reprehensible attack on Bhansali becomes a flash point for ‘goondagiri’ to stop.
- Sudhir Mishra: Our dignity has been violated. The entire film industry must stand with Sanjay and demand that every member of this goon squad should be arrested!
- Mahesh Bhatt: You don’t beat an idea by beating a person. You beat an idea by beating an idea. This politics of violence is chilling free speech. Raise your voice! Not only do I respect the right and the power of free speech of my own tribe, I also respect that same power in the hands of those I despise.
- Karan Johar: I am appalled at what has happened with Bhansali….this is the time for all of us as an industry to stand by our people and fraternity!! Thoughts of what has transpired with Bhansali today are just not leaving me!! Feeling helpless and angry! This cannot be our future!
- Rishi Kapoor: How do you take justice in your hands without knowing what the facts are. Shameful! So much for Karni Sena’s reputation. With you Sanjay!
The film starring Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor and it tells the story of Alauddin Khilji, the medieval-era Delhi ruler, who fell in love with Rajput queen Padmavati.